My School!

My school now has an entry on Wikipedia!! hey hey hey! I don't know who wrote the piece but It's rather cool.

KUSESS_emblem.PNG

 
This is what th intro says about my school:
 
Sekolah Menengah Sains Kuala Selangor (English: Kuala Selangor Science Secondary School (KUSESS)) is a boarding school, also known as Sekolah Berasrama Penuh (SBP) based in Malaysia. The school was built under the Sixth Malaysia Plan. The school is located in Bandar Melawati, Kuala Selangor which is about 70 kilometers from the nation's capital, Kuala Lumpur. Construction works on the school began on 24 April 1994 and were completed by 1996. The school started operating on 8 September 1996, and its first intake consisted of 210 students. There were only 19 teaching staff and 4 support staff at that time. However, the following year saw a sharp increase in the number of students that were admitted to the school. 187 students gained entry to Form 1 while 165 students were admitted into Form 4. The teaching staff almost tripled from 19 to 53. Although the school began operating in 1996, it wasn't till 27 May 1997 when the school was officiated by the then Deputy Prime Minister-Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
 
I still remember my first day entering the school in 1997. I was entering form 4 after doing alright or my PMR exams. It was the first time I would be staying away from my parents so it was rather daunting for me. I wonder if I can dig up any old photos from my first day at school. Anyways, The school was a very new school back then. My batch was the eldest batch there so we became senior students for two years. It goes with the batch motto: "Senior 2 tahun" which means 2 years senior. Bact then the facilties were very bad, water supply unrelyable but at least our matteresses were new! that's important. Our fields had no grass so what little football tallent I had from my previous schooling years kind of died with the grass that refused to grow at KUSESS.
 
The school itself was new and uninspiring but that could not be said for the teachers and fellow students. Be cause it was a new school, there were no existing legacies or myths at school so the culture of the students there were very much diverse and colourful. Some were from religious boarding school while the majority were from normal day schools like me. Boarding school usually have a certain engrained culture amongst the students, some good, some bad but the new students will have to adapt to these old culture that had been inherited from years of existance of that particular school. Not at my school. we were fee to chart our own way of schooling life and I must say that it was liberating - to a certain extent of course. Being in boarding schools always means that your daily routine is set for you by the school.
 
 
Kusess_gerbang.jpg
 
 
I was deputy headboy for 2 years at KUSESS but indeed that is not a really important position at school hence my name does not appear in any of the school acheivement lists. That is immeterial as the school helped prepare me for the years to come, provided me with the skills to excel in the interviews that ultimately got me my scholarships and help shape me in to the person I am now. For that I love my school. Anyways, you can read more about my school at its wikipedia page here. Right, I'm off now. Better bring this laptop with me home! I'm using my boss's laptop in the mean time.