Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri



It's the last day of Ramadhan. It feels kind of sad that this month full of peace and blessings is about to leave us. Like most other special occasions, how much the month of Ramadhan means to you is actual a function of how much you make an effort to make it special. To me, I had significantly changed my daily routine to allow me to do more to make Ramadhan special. Ramadhan is a training ground for muslims to train self restraint and discipline; and to strengthen our bond with the almighty creator.

This year's Ramadhan for me has been better than most of my previous ones. Spiritually I have managed to fully complete reading of The Quran, although just in arabic, It is a start. I've also managed to not miss any communal Tarawih or night prayers. Only one or two days did I miss the communal prayers and have to do it on my own. I also managed to do more Qiams, or waking at night for prayers than last year. The charity done during this month has also increased probably due to the increased avenue to to so. On a personal side of things, I managed to connect, via breaking of fast events with a few people I do not usually hang out with. I gained alot i guess. The thing I think i lost the most other than the 3kgs in weight i guess is sleep. But sleep can be regained after Ramadhan...

Anyways, can't be long now. Busy preparing for tomorrow. So here's wishing all my muslim readers, "Eid Mubarak" or "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri". Please forgive me if anything I have written here has offended anyone or has made anyone uneasy. It has never been intentional. So, final say to everyone: Happy holidays! See you guys after the holidays!