Hold My Hand

I've been listening to alot of Maher Zain recently. Though I'm not posting the song that I want to post this song comes very close. What I like about Maher Zain songs are the powerful lyrics that touch the heart. Today I've been reading and following on the news networks, mainly Al-Jazeera and BBC the developments of the outrageous Israeli boarding and subsequent civilian death toll of the Gaza Floatilla aid ships. This incident brought stern reactions from around the world and Turkey is properly pissed at Israel as the ships were Turkish ships and the casualties feared to be Turkish casualties. The world will look on and see what the world leaders have to say about this but I suspect that a similar song will play at the UN security council and Israel will get "another warning" short of sanctions or condemnation. I wonder how much longer they can keep on doing this type of behaviour? As the former SAS guy said on Al-Jazeera just now - U bring in the military to handle what is basically a coast guard situation you are bound to get casualties. These people are trained to kill and not to control crowds or pacify scared and angry people. The only method of self defense they know is to shoot...

They've already pissed off their biggest ally in the region in Turkey and the other nations that have had their citizens either injured or killed will not sit down quietly and forget... I forsee a shift in the dynamics of the region. Me like most people viewing things from afar, can not see peace in the middle east in the near future so long as Israel can not accept that other people matter too. It's not ok to use force to solve problems. Lasting peace is always forged on the negotiating table. Anyways, I'll leave you with a song of peace - Hold my hand by Maher Zain.