Yati Ayam Percik


Tried this new place, well new place for me in Bandar Baru Bangi for lunch today. It's a Kelantanese restaurant and as the name suggest the ayam percik is supposed to be good. The place itself is very nicely done up and the individual set meals are reasonably priced for the type of place it is. The interior decor is very nice leading to a very chilled ambiance. They even have a corner with one of those short tables for those who want to eat on the floor, japanese style. It's supposed to be a renowned place with it's roots in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. I think they have a few more branches around the Klang Valley. I wonder if there are any branches near where I stay? A quick google testifies to how good this place is supposed to be. "The best Ayam Percik in Kelantan" says this link.

 This is the bukak kasut eat on the floor section in the back

I tried the Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik set but the Nasi Kerabu with grilled beef looked and tasted good too! I usually have nasi kerabu with the grilled beef but since the restaurant says ayam percik so i ordered the ayam percik and it was really good. A friend ordered the keropok lekor and that was excellent too! Next time lah. So, if you are ever in Bandar Baru Bangi, Yati Ayam percik is highly recommended.

The menu is ok ok je, they've could've made it classier. You can see the guy grill your Ayam Percik, Daging Bakar or ikan keli bakar.. cool!


I like the open kitchen concept. You can see your food being prepared!

My Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik on the left and Grilled Beef on the right, both very yummy!

My friend said the Len Chee Kang was just average

By the way, we were talking of how to make Len Chee Kang so I googled it up and the recipe can be found here.