Briefing

 Full credit to my friend Reza Ridzuan for this excellent photo taken on earth day. Pinjam ek...

This morning was the highly awaited VP's presentation to all staff of Research and Technology division (R&T) on the new corporate structure of Petronas as how it will effect our division which has now been renamed Technology and Engineering (T&E) division.


Then the part I was waiting for came up, the new structure for T&E.... It was very top level and not refined yet. Well, I had already been warned to not expect a detailed structure from today's briefing but hey, one has to be optimistic in these times of uncertainty. Well, the VP said that it can take up to 6 months for a fully detailed structure to be drafted, approved and fully implemented. The new structure will take effect 1st of June and for the most part business is as usual for me. Petronas Research will still be reporting directly to the VP but how we will operate and what kind of activities will be focused on is still uncertain. One thing is sure though: Activities will be "Aligned" to the business. Even when asked by my colleague about where the Products research dept (my dept) will be parked post 1st June the VP could not give a firm answer. Looks likes the details have really yet to be ironed out. So I guess it's business as usual for me.

Well, at least i managed to catch up with a few old friends from other parts of R&T after the briefing. I can't believe I've been in the company for 5 years now! So many people I have met in Petronas during this period. I thank God for the people I met. These people make me who I am now. Gosh...

Seems that alot will be happening at the end of this year for me. Dare I say it's going to be the most eventful end of year for me so far. A lot to look forward to. Thanks to Roe's blog entry last night I also feel charged up with Petronas spirit suddenly... hehehe... every dept in Petronas needs a Roe... hehehe.. Getting awfully sleepy. Good night dear friends.