60 seconds

Today someone at the office commented that I have grown a belly or dah "buncit"! How dare he! Just because I wasn't wearing my slim-fit shirt today dah kena label buncint! Damn! So lesson here is that what you wear DOES affect people's perception of you. I dun usually care much about what I wear, and I acknowledge that I may actually need help in this department. As long as I think i'm presentable is enough for me. Trendy is not me. 

Anyways, I just weighed myself prior to writing this and I have actually LOST weight ok. I'm now a scant 65.7kg. I was 72kg at my most obese point in life prior to regular exercise in the form of martial arts classes. I now have 15% body fat and feel very much healthier though my cholesterol level is still "elevated". Tulah... i enjoy read meat too much! =p  I think I'll get my blood tested again in a few months time. Yesterday was time to get a fresh batch milk. OMG! the sensible Afif took control and I bought a BIGGER pack of the Nestle Nesvita powdered milk that i didn't like. I guess the taste grew on me and that "helps lower cholesterol" on the pack swayed my purchasing decision. I'm concious about cholesterol so long as it doesn't involve controlling my diet! hehehe...

 So, what's this 60 seconds title have to do with this post? Well, we had another one of our little fitness tests at MK Academy (the gym) today. I've done this test before at A-levels and I think I was way fitter last time. So, the test goes like this. You are given 60 Seconds and you hafta do as many reps for each of the given exercises as you can within the 60 seconds. Within that time I managed 43 Sit ups, 40 leg raises, 166 waist twists, 35 push ups, 128 triceps push ups and most painful of all 59 squats! I was the only one that was still still doing the squats up to the 60 second mark but that left me with no power to my legs for a good few minutes followed by stiffness in the muscles...

Ideally I would've wanted at least 60 sit ups, leg raises, push ups and squats but the lactic acid build up got the better of me. I even stopped at 35 push ups before the 60 seconds were over! During A-Levels I could do 72 push ups in a minute. But I guess I was much lighter back then and much fitter too. I remember me forcing myself to do 100 push ups and 100 sit ups everyday in my room. hahaha... those were the days.... Anyways, at least I have some numbers to beat next time!