The F word...

Hahaha... F as in food! Yes, my friends… yours truly was IN the kitchen and I wasn’t doing the dishes! I had a sudden urge to cook today! Rekindling old memories of my Uni days when I used to make a pretty mean curry..!! Right! (you can que the Jamie Oliver accent now) lets see how we made the bastardised tikka masala, KL style.. :p

First, you ransack the kitchen looking for anything that looks like it might have the slightest of Indian origin… I basically took 90% of the spices available in the kitchen, some Adabi curry powder, One whole onion and I think 6 cloves of garlic, Maggi Tomato ketchup, half a lime and lump of chicken (pronounced “Chickin” … hehehe) breast.

Well, first step is easy… find a nice pot for cooking, preferably non-stick. Put a little bit of oil in it.

Then there’s the part everyone hates: cutting the onions. I find that if you aim the fan at the onion, the vapour from the onion doesn’t get into your eyes. Try it. It works. Then you’ll have no excuse to not cook! Ok, back to the recipe. Once you cut the onions and garlic, chuck them in the pot. Then get what ever spices you feel is Indian and chuck them in too. The final product should look like this:



Let it simmer under small flame, lid covered. I think I should’ve put in the curry powder in now but I decided to put in the chickin in first and let the chicken fat come out and seep into the onions.. yum yum…



then in goes the curry powder and tomato ketchup. Ground some pepper, chuck that in with some salt. Lastly squeeze some lime juice and let it simmer… the end result is this:



The end result was alright I guess. I had seconds, yum2! Reminds me of the days where me, Shueb and Nick would have dinner in front of the tele and nick always complaining the food was too hot! hehehe

Anyways, everyone else already had lunch so it was just me. We’ll see what’s the verdict when we reheat it for dinner! Happy cooking guys


I ground my own pepper ok!


 Aunty Maggie and Pakcik Adabi that helped me cook today…



The lime sacrificed for my lunch well, half a lime...